As we reported reported yesterday, Xiaomi has started the global rollout of MIUI 7.1 via over-the-air updates. The following devices are included in this update: Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Note, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 2 / Prime, Redmi 1S, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G and Xiaomi Mi Pad. Unfortunately, it is still based on Android 4.4, KitKat.
So you should be receiving the update to your Xiaomi device anytime now. If you cannot wait for OTA to arrive to your device, then you can head over to this link to download the ROM and flash it on your own risk. Xiaomi has also published the full changelog which you can find at the bottom of this post and some of its highlights are as follows:
- File Explorer supports hidden folders
- New ‘Doodle’ tool added for image editing in Gallery
- Mi Drop makes it easier to share files with nearby devices
- Data saver lets you save up to 50% data usage
- Six text sizes available for you to choose from including XS
Xiaomi has recently published a full changelogs of the MIUI 7.1 and according the following changelogs, many bug issues has being fixed along with some neat added features